Some couples may have a partner with azoospermia (absence of sperm) or other factors. We can provide you with a list of Sperm Banks.
You must order all specimens and have them delivered to 10901 Katy Freeway, Houston, Texas 77079, no later than cycle day 10 of your menses. Order early to allow ample time to set up your account. You will receive a contract that must be signed by our Reproductive Endocrinologist and submitted prior to specimen delivery.
California CryoBank, Inc.
Toll – Free Number 1-800-231-3373
Use the web-site to view the donor demographics.
ORDERING DONOR SPERM
1) It is the responsibility of the patient to obtain frozen donor sperm when donor sperm is needed. If you would like information concerning available sperm donors, donor profiles and fees you should contact the sperm bank directly. This should be done well in advance of your IUI cycle.
The following is a list of Cryobanks and their telephone numbers. It is totally up to you to select the cryobank.
All purchasing transactions and payments are arranged between you and the bank.
A. California Cryobank, Los Angeles
B. Fairfax Cryobank, Virginia
C. Zytex Cryobank, Georgia
2) When you make your selection, please notify us of the donor # and shipment date in order for us to verify the information when we receive the samples. The samples should be shipped to our office at:
Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine
7500 Beechnut, Suite 308
Houston, Texas 77074
Attention: Antoinette Khoury
3) Most sperm banks will ship the frozen donor samples using a dry shipper that is saturated with liquid Nitrogen. The dry shipper will maintain the sperm in its frozen state for up to five days. We will keep the dry shipper in our office until the samples are used. Please check with the sperm bank about their policy for returning the dry shipper. A return air bill or mailing ticket should be sent with the samples in order for the dry shipper to be returned to the sperm bank in a timely manner.
4) When ordering sperm samples please notify the sperm bank that the sample will be used for IUI (Intrauterine insemination). One vial should be sufficient for each insemination. If you are having two inseminations per cycle, you should order two vials. If the donor sample you selected is not processed for IUI (it is designated for ICI only-Intracervical insemination) you should order two vials per insemination. A total of four vials are needed for double insemination per cycle. We will process the sample in our laboratory for IUI.
5) Please arrange for the samples to be shipped 2-3 days prior to the projected IUI date. Most banks do not ship samples over the weekend and our office is not open on weekend to receive the dry shipper.
6) All samples shipped to us should be accompanied by a pre and post thaw QC sheet.